Welcome to the website for the Union of Schools for Spanish as a Second Language in Oaxaca (UEESLO). Officially formed in May 2011, the UEESLO consists of three schools which specialize in teaching Spanish as a second language and was created to fill out the need of having an official and formal teacher's union.
Each school has existed for at least seven years, the oldest school being formed in 1986.
The unifying characteristics (principles) of the member-schools of the UEESLO are:
- The founders, directors and professors of each member-school are native Mexicans.
- Each member-school is also a member of other national and international organizations.
- The quality and professionalism of the instruction offered by each member-school meets the highest standards.
- Each member-school is recognized by the State Secretary of Tourism.
They are affiliated
Each member-school includes a cultural component, focusing on Oaxaca and Mexico, as part of each of their Spanish course offerings
- To contribute to the optimum development of our schools.
- Keeping our curricula up-to-date as well as our teaching methods, both in and out of the classroom.
- Small businesses create 80% of the jobs in Mexico. With this in mind, we aim to create job opportunities for young Oaxacan teachers.
- To be up-to-date with different teaching courses offered by professionals in TSSL. As well, we aim to offer our own courses and workshops to allow for new teachers with the desire to dedicate themselves to TSSL to practice their skills.
- To establish relationships with other schools in Mexico and outside.
- To create ties with Mexican artisans in order to promote their art in Mexico and internationally.
- To promote Oaxaca as an option in Mexico and Latin America for learning Spanish.
- To provide bimonthly cultural information sessions about Oaxacan in order to spread the richness of its culture.
- To be a dynamic organization we will be alert to the internal and external needs of the community in which we live.
- To connect our students with local NGOs by organizing volunteer opportunities for them, thereby aiding the missions of those NGOs (and further immersing our students in their local surroundings.
Instituto de Comunicacion y Cultura de Oaxaca
The Instituto de Comunicacion y Cultura, established in 1986, is one of the oldest and most experienced language schools in Oaxaca. Located close to the Zócalo (the colonial main square), the Institute is situated in a lovely restored XVI century building. Beginning, intermediate and advanced classes are taught by instructors who hold university degrees, and years of teaching Spanish to foreign students. The level of instruction is of such a high caliber that American universities bring groups of students to the Instituto for college credit.
The I.C.C. has three basic aims: (1) to provide motivating materials that teach students to function in real-life situations in which Spanish is spoken,(2) to teach only authentic Spanish, and (3) to give students a feeling of success and achievement in language learning.
|Web: www.iccoax.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Oaxaca International a Spanish School in Oaxaca, Mexico, we pride ourselves on being small, flexible, and attentive to your needs.
We are equally proud of our understanding of our language and culture, and our goal is to share them with you in the best way we can. To help achieve this, we have developed our own materials for each of the levels of Spanish we offer and have designed our classroom and cultural activities with great care. A maximum of 4 students per class allows us to give the personal attention to and meet the needs of each individual here. We believe that at Oaxaca International, students of all ages and nationalities will find a staff filled with knowledge, care, professionalism, compassion, motivation, and quality – all the necessary tools that will help you fulfill your goals and make your stay here extremely satisfying and rewarding.
|Web: www.oaxacainternational.com Email: email@example.com|
Oaxaca Spanish Magic
Oaxaca Spanish Magic is a Spanish language school in Oaxaca where you will discover the magic and the joy of learning Spanish. For the last seventeen years, the founder and director of Oaxaca Spanish Magic, L.A.E.T. Flor Irene Bautista Carreño, has successfully taught students of all ages, starting from their specific levels of Spanish competency and taking them to the proficiency they want. In addition, Flor has coordinated and developed Spanish language programs for other institutes, where she has also been responsible for teacher selection and evaluation.